Apply for a mandatory (HMO) licence if you are a landlord or managing agent of a house in multiple occupation that is occupied by five or more people living in two or more households.
Apply for an additional (HMO) licence
- If you are a landlord or managing agent of a house in multiple occupation that is two or more storeys high, shared by four or more people living in two or more households. (This excludes HMOs which require a mandatory licence).
- If you are a landlord or managing agent of a house in multiple occupation that is in a building containing a mixture of commercial and residential uses.
Apply for a selective licence if you are a landlord or managing agent of a property that is rented which does not fit the description for a mandatory licence or additional licence and it is located within one of the following wards: Acton Central, East Acton, South Acton, Southall Broadway, Southall Green
You should make a new application if:
- this is the first time you have applied for a property licence for this property
- you want to change the licence holder
- you have previously been refused a licence are re-applying
- your licence has been taken away from you and are re-applying.
You should renew your licence if it is due to expire and you still wish to license the property. You must renew your licence three months before it expires.
Material change refers to a change to the property itself or its management. It includes changes to, but not limited to, the layout of the property, use of rooms or spaces, changes in Fire Safety, Property Management or Tenancy Management. (This list is not exhaustive).
The Council will judge each application on an individual basis. You may be required to supply additional information to support your application.